9.11.2009

*Current Events*

Sorry for the lack of posts lately.

If you have followed my blog at all for the past few years, you will know that my house has been full of stress and problems.
Our roof is a flat rubber roof and has been nothing but a headache since we bought our home. We paid someone A LOT of money to do only PART of it, and what he did already leaks. We had a lot of rain the other night and my bathroom ceiling starting leaking AGAIN. It had been dry for months and held up, but finally the water made its way through a small hole in the rubber. My poor husband keeps trying to "band-aid" it.

We need a whole new roof and we are currently trying to figure out how the hell we are going to pay for it. We have had about 6 different roofers come and look at it so far. They all said what a horrible job the guy who did it 2 years ago did!!!! It makes you sick to know something you paid A LOT of money for has to already be replaced! There are some days my husband and I are so upset, we just get in the car and leave our house just so we don't have to look at it. Our new roof will cost probably around $10,000 ~ $15,000 dollars. Getting a loan for that isn't easy. I just hope that we don't have to use a credit card. My husband and I are almost debt free, and now this. Plus I really want to start a family. :(

My husband has been waiting over a month to find out if he is getting a new job or not. We believe it will pay well and that we would be able to have a baby. I don't mind being in debt and having to pay on the roof and have a baby at the same time. Aren't we all in debt with something always? :( Oh well, what can you do? I just try to keep my head up and smile everyday.

On a happier note, I am working on a new blog. I thought it would be fun to just make a blog for baby stuff. Stuff I love and want for my nursery someday. I decided to do this because my "modstyle" blog was becoming to much "baby" stuff. I know not everyone who visits wants to see or read about baby stuff. I will share my blog later!! I am still designing it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie! Thanks for the newsy update. So sorry to hear about your roof. I know something will work out for you!! :)

    I recently got layed off from my job, though scared, I view it as a gift. Did you ever start your online shop? I'm planning to do an Etsy shop - something I've postponed for a long time. I'd like to sell my paintings, and I always have vintage stuff.

    I will be emailing you (hopefully today or tomorrow) with an idea for my banner at my blog. Do you think you still have time to design it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peggy!

    Yes, I should be able to make time to design you something. If it were up to me I would just design stuff on my computer all day!!! :) lol

    I won't do the online shop thing till my life calms down a bit. I need to get some more things done around the house and I have 2 jobs to deal with currently.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.