6.10.2011

Design Board - Vintage Modern Nursery

Kimberly from Custom Nursery Art contacted me in need of some help! She is having her own baby, so instead of designing stuff for other people, she needs a design for herself! She loves the color scheme: Pink, Gray & Yellow! She also loves the color Turquoise, but was afraid if she used all these colors it may be a bit to much. Well, I never believe you can have to MUCH COLOR!!! You just have to find a way to make it work! The Design Board I came up with for Kimberly has touches of vintage items and of course anything I design has to have MODERN. Here is what I came up with...

(Click on image to see larger)
{LINKS}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

This design was tricky for me. I was determined to make it work! I started by visiting Kimberly's blog and looking at her nursery inspiration posts. I saw that she is drawn to striped walls. I found the picture of a room with gray and white painted stripes and thought of her right away. She could even just do this on one wall or if she wanted the ceiling.

Kimberlys color scheme board

The solid gray room above belongs to Erika Brechtel from Small Shop Studio. If Kimberly hasn't seen this nursery yet, she will fall in love with it! I saw the mirror and thought it would be great for Kimberly's Nursery. I don't know how she will feel about painting a vintage dresser pink, but I saw this one and I fell in love with the idea.

Kimberlys pink dresser board

One thing Kimberly said she really wanted in her nursery was pattern. I saw the turquoise curtains and fell in love. It would give her a great pop of color! I thought a great way for her to pull her color scheme together would simply be frame fabric or scrapbook paper. Again, it would add more pattern! Kimberly is very creative! I think she will have a wonderful nursery once she gets all her ideas together and starts decorating.

Happy Decorating Kimberly! Hope I inspired you!
If you are interested in having me design a board for you go {HERE}

3 comments:

  1. I bought that rug yesterday, can't wait to get it in! Thanks for finding it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I can't wait to see it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.