12.01.2011

My Kitchen & Dining Area

Yesterday made 1 week since we moved in! I have been unpacking and decorating as fast as I can. I decided I wanted to keep the same theme for our new kitchen that I used at our apartment. I liked my Pyrex and Alice in Wonderland stuff displayed together. I also decided to put my large bookcase in the dining area...
Base House - Dining Area
I love all the colors together!Base House - Dining AreaBase House - Dining Area
The cabinet was a perfect place to display teapots, Pyrex and my Alice collectibles. I plan to get some 11X14 picture frames to put behind the displays that look empty. I have some great photos of Cody and I from our Disney vacation.
Base House - Dining Area
The floral teapot set is one of my favorite thrift store fines EVER! I paid $15 for it. I placed the creamer and sugar jar that matches it in the kitchen area to help spread out the color scheme. I love the way my Alice Vinylmations look in the bookcase! I may also add some fabric or wrapping paper to the back of the bookcase to help everything stand out better.
Base House - Dining Area
For the first time in years, I am displaying the Hall Autumn Leaf pieces that belonged to my grandmother. I finally felt like I was able to work it into my decorating. Another awesome thing happening in the dining area is our new chairs...
Base House - Dining Area
We purchased them from Big Lots for $30 each! We bought 3 chairs at one store and were lucky enough to get one more at another store. I was so worried I wouldn't end up with 4! They aren't my dream Panton Chairs, but I do love the color they bring to the room. They do sell them in PINK, so of course you know I tried to talk Cody into letting me buy the pink ones. He would say yes, but then pretty much beg me to get any other color. The blue really pops! Now I hope to find a buffet/dresser to paint bright yellow and place on this wall...
Base House - Dining Area
I have many plans for artwork to hang on the walls. I just need money to do so. lol As far as painting goes, I am undecided. I would love to paint the walls a light aqua turquoise shade. I have to have it "approved" by the housing office on base. BLAH! I thought I could just paint. It's not that big of a deal, I guess I am just scared they will say NO to my color choices. I'm not a neutral kinda girl so I may scare them with my swatches. I am going to live here a few months before deciding to paint. I feel like we are probably going to be living here a while, so painting may be worth while.
Base House - Kitchen
Okay, there is my 1980's kitchen. Why were these cabinets EVER stylish? Or were they? I would LOVE LOVE to paint these WHITE. I am pretty sure Cody would go to Air Force jail if I did that. lol Besides the cabinets though, I love the layout of the kitchen. It's great that Cody and I both can be in our kitchen together now. At our apartment all we did was bump into each other. It was very frustrating!
Base House - Kitchen
I will be searching for more goodies to put in the kitchen. It's a cheerful little place.
Base House - Kitchen
I plan to replace my actual cookbooks with vintage ones for decoration. It's way to difficult for me to have to get those down every time I need to use one. My kitchen is super cutesy, but that's what happens when you collect toys and vintage items.
Base House- Kitchen Base House - Kitchen
I can't wait to just keep adding to it!
If you would like to see my design board that I made for my dining area go {HERE}!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie! It looks really cute! I am surprised the base house is so cute. I don't know what I was expecting. I love the layout of the kitchen. And I love the blue chairs. Can't wait to see the yellow cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The base house is the size of a townhome/condo! It's a much better fit for us then an apartment. I love it! I feel I have a HOME now, not just "walls"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!! I have the Big Lots chair in pink, and I love it!! I'm pretty sure I've asked before, but what's the model of the IKEA bookcase?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina,

    IKEA doesn't sell the cabinet anymore. It's called the Bergsbo Bookcase. They sold it in red and white. I don't know why they stopped selling it! It was one of the best bookcases they had in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessie this is just gorgeous and I'm so happy for you... and you know I am going to write a book.

    The chairs look great and Big Lots is way cheaper than the ones at Target. YAY! I would have wanted pink.. but now looking at everything- blue looks better to me. If you did put fabric in the bookcase it would just pop even more! You have to do it!!

    Oh wow at getting your choices approved. They would give me a big REJECTED on all my choices. Hopefully they will let you at least go crazy with an accent wall.

    I sort of like the 1980's kitchen. but then again.. you see how I've been living- so 1980's in an upgrade for me. You fixed it up nice though!

    YAY for you! I can only imagine what it's like to get out an apartment finally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessie! You are kinda totally amazing at making all of your spaces so personalized and gorgeous! Your place is looking SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. B., I remember you had posted about Big Lots not to long ago so I made sure I went. I go, just not often. I think I will be stopping in monthly now. lol I am very glad I went with BLUE instead. Plus, it made Cody feel like he had a choice. lol The kitchen is nice, I just LOVE white cabinets. Getting out of my apartment has lifted a weight of sadness off my shoulders! Now I just got to get a job or something.

    Rachel, Thanks! I can't wait to keep adding to the dining room! Can't wait to go thrifting and antiquing to look for vintage goodies.

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.