1.12.2012

Making A Photo Collage Wall

I wanted to share what I have been doing lately around my house. I have to tell you I am going crazy looking at my blank off-white walls. This week something happened. I finally snapped. Yesterday I took a trip to Hobby Lobby for what I call,"Shopping Therapy". I purchased a few picture frames to form a collage wall in our stairway.
The cashier at Hobby Lobby says to me,"Got some photos to frame huh?"
I said,"Actually, I do things backwards. I buy the frames first, then pick out pictures to go in them." The cashier just laughed.
Then I thought to myself,"This guy has got to think I am weird. I need to think before I say things out loud."
I headed home with my frames and ended up with a pile at the buttom of my steps...
Pile of frames
All these frames totaled up to around $30. I had some of them already. I purchased black 12x12 and 11x14 frames for $5 each at Hobby Lobby! I plan to spray paint a few of them bright colors and the rest white. I started with using wrapping paper cutouts on the wall to plan a layout...
Staircase Practice Layout
This is my first attempt at a collage wall up a staircase. I am pretty excited about it! Cody on the other hand, not so much. LOL He knows he will be helping his SHORT wife hang them. Here is another layout that I love...
Practice Frame Collage
All the frames above, except the bigger silver frames are from the dollar store! They are perfect for filling in little gaps for a wall collage of frames! I also found this frame on clearance at KMART...
Collage Frame $4
I love it! It cost me $4.00! Isn't is nice? I do plan to spray paint it HOT PINK! (Sorry Cody) I think once I paint it pink and put some pretty black and white photos in it, it will look beautiful! Lastly, I started to prime my Hexagon Table that I bought a few months ago...
Hexagon Table Primer
I still haven't decided on a color yet. I am leaning towards a bright pink or turquoise. The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, so I hope to get a lot of painting done. I am trying to stay motivated with my decorating around the house. It's hard now that I got a job and a schedule to live by. I am motivated though and can't wait to just push on with my projects!!! Hope everyone is having a great week!

P.S. It's also my goal to blog everyday this month! Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.