5.06.2012

Design Board - Jennifer's Living Room

Jennifer emailed me asking for some help with decorating her living room.  She defines her style as classic romantic.  She loves subway art, neutrals and chevron!  I chose a neutral color scheme based around her cream and black sofa.  Muted tones with touches of black, silver and gold accessories.... 
Jennifers Living Room1LINKS
  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I picked out pretty things, but didn't want it to be overly girly.  She wanted her living room to also be family friendly!  I love the subway art below from Target.  I found some great links to subway art tutorials {HERE}.  I think it would be really fun for Jennifer to paint her own!
Jennifers LivingRoom 2LINKS
 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
All the items are "new".  I really urge Jennifer to take my ideas to inspire her, but go to flea markets, antique shops, discount stores and thrifting to find items that are similar.  She really loves lots of family pictures.  I love picture frames from IKEA, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and sometimes the dollar store.  Spray paint does wonders for $1 picture frames!  Here is a mini board I designed for the wall behind her sofa.  It's a perfect wall to do a photo frame collage on.... 
Jennifers LivingRoom Mini Collage1

  I love the floor to ceiling look of these photo frame collages...
Jennifers LivingRoom 2 collage samplesLINKS
1 2

 I found some beautiful rooms on Decor Pad's website that I thought also might inspire Jennifer...
118c292b1750
I love the mixture of gold and silver, along with the wood sideboard. Also I love the fabric panels on either side of the sideboard. That would be a fun DIY project for Jennifer's living room.
d305478e66bf
This living room is so pretty! I love the striped chairs and the room has such cute accessories. The room below I picked because of the collage wall of IKEA Ribba frames. These frames are so pretty with black and white photos in them. It's a great way to make an instant gallery wall!
158f6c515a9b
I also found some great prices on chevron rugs on Rugs.com. Jennifer could replace the rug on my design board with a bold chevron rug! I hope she has fun decorating her living room area! It's so fun when you have a blank slate to work with!
Happy Decorating Jennifer!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I think you filled the order perfectly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait 'til you do my design board because I'm leaning towards similar colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.