7.01.2012

Playing Vintage Nintendo

I wanted to welcome the month of July, by posting something Cody and I did to end the month of June: Play vintage Nintendo games! I have some memories of getting my first Nintendo game system back in 1985. What I don't remember though is how freakin hard the games are to play! Cody and I bust out the vintage Nintendo in attempt to beat the first Mario Brothers Game! We have yet to make it to the last level and beat Bowser!

Playing Nintendo 1
I guess this means I have never beaten it? If I can't beat it now, how did I as a child?
Nintendo 3
June was a great month for me. I feel like I am on a good path and things are going well.
I look forward to seeing what other adventures I can have in July!
I decided to share these photos of Cody and I because I am loving our new life.
I don't always love living in Wyoming, but I do love how happy we are together as a couple.
Playing Nintendo 2 Playing Nintendo 4
I know what we have is very special and I am very thankful for it.
Our 9 year "dating" anniversary is coming up in August, hopefully we can do something special. :)
By the way, the Nintendo we are using is my original childhood one.

8 comments:

  1. I have the old sonic for ps3 and can't beat it for crap. Neither can Duane. Maybe I could beat it as a child because I played everyday, all-day. Love your outfit!! So happy you're happy. I know what you mean.. I hate Georgia, but were happy and in a good place here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess,

    That's amazing you still have your original Nintendo...and that it still works!!! I could beat Super Mario Bros 1 & 3, but NEVER could get through Super Mario 2. I tried so many times but never made it to Bowser.

    Of course with Duck Hunt, we would cheat and put the gun right to the TV Screen on the higher levels to see how far we could get!

    Take care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got the newest Mario for the Wii, and it's so much harder than it used to be! Nothing will ever be as fun as Mario 3. That's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nintendo! I'm so jealous you still have a working console. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never got into Sonic. I was just a Nintendo kid I guess. lol I really want to get a Wii! My parents still have all the other old Nintendo systems. I hope to talk my mom into letting me bring them all to Wyoming. Cody and I would have so much time playing them all! Especially in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are so adorable together! It's so good to hear of someone who is happy. You look too freaking cute playing Nintendo together! And Jess, that nail polish is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know my nail polish is awesome! It's like a smurf blue. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, you guys are too cute for words! And, can I HOLLA to old school Nintendo! LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete

HELLO! :) Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing what you have to say. I do reply to comments through email, so make sure you are not a no reply blogger so that I can indeed email you a response back. :) Not sure what a no reply blogger is? Read about it HERE.